Air leaving a compressor is hot, dirty, and wet—which can damage and shorten the life of downstream equipment, including valves, cylinders, and air tools. So before compressed air exits the system, it needs to be cleaned and lubricated. That’s where an FRL comes in! An FRL combines a filter, regulator, and lubricator into one component to keep air compressor systems in optimal working condition. FRL Components An FRL has three primary components: High Pressure Air Regulator Lubricator Each of these individual components has its role, supporting the larger air compressor system. We will explain more about these roles in the following sections.
Select the right type of FRL
In most cases, you would choose between FRL units with 2 or 3-stage. Did you know that both solutions can do the same job? Both solutions deliver the same three 3 functions (Regulation, Filtering, Lubrication). The main differences between those two types of FRLs are esthetics and compactness. In some cases, where higher dynamic pressure is needed, we would recommend 3-stage unit.
In specific environments, you might only need to do one or two functions: filter, regulate or lubricate air. In this case, you can choose a 1-stage FRL, ensuring the needed function
How do I select a Filter Regulator Lubricator (FRL)?
There are a number of considerations in choosing an FRL combination.
What is the flow rate required for a process or system? This will determine the port size of the FRL.
What level of filtration is required and to what level of dryness? The general purpose filter is 40 micron, but 5 micron is also available. As a rule, air would be filtered to 40 micron first, before applying the 5 micron filtration. A 40 micron filter will typically remove 95% of the water content; putting the filters in series means 95% of the remaining 5% will be removed, giving water removal approaching 99%. After 5 micron removal, oil, then vapour removal filters can be applied.
What is the pressure requirement to operate downstream equipment and what is the supply pressure? This will be the task of the pressure regulator. It is important to note that a quantifiable pressure drop will occur through the FRL combination.
What degree of lubrication is required? Oil fog lubricators are ideal for heavy requirements over short distances and level runs; micro-fog lubricators are best suited to complex systems, with multiple components, over long and often non-level runs.
That's all information, if you want to know more information please visit the professional Micro Solenoid Valve manufacturer https://www.nblida.com/product/actuators/ma-series-stainless-steel-mini-cylinder.html