Increasing prevalence of infectious, cardiovascular and respiratory diseases, growing adoption of ECMO in lung transplantation procedures, growth in the number of ECMO centers, increasing survival rates with ECMO and increasing strategic initiatives such as product launch or collaboration are key factors contributing to high CAGR of Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Market during forecast period.
According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) market was valued at USD 290.2 Million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 385.9 Million by the year 2028, at a CAGR of 3.6%. Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation is a treatment provided for COVID-19, cardiac and respiratory diseases. Increasing the prevalence of target diseases (such as COVID-19, cardiovascular diseases and respiratory diseases), technological advancements, and increasing extracorporeal membrane oxygenation centers across the globe are some of the factors driving the market growth. It is estimated that in the U.S., approximately 1,055,000 individuals will have coronary diseases, including 720,000 new and 335,000 recurrent coronary events. The number of artificial respiration via the help of the device in a developed nation such as the U.S. from the past decade is constantly on rise. With rising technological innovations improved survival rate with extracorporeal membrane oxygenation is another major factor that supports the spread of the adoption of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation in case of medical emergencies such as COVID-19 cases. In South Korea it has been observed that the inpatient with Extracorporeal membrane oxygenation therapy for respiratory failure had improved survival rate from 30.8% to 35.9%.
Key companies profiled in the report include
Getinge Group (Sweden), Medtronic plc (Ireland), LivaNova PLC (U.K.), XENIOS AG (Germany), Terumo Corporation (Japan), MicroPort Scientific Corporation (China), NIPRO Corporation (Japan), OriGen Biomedical, Inc. (U.S.), ALung Technologies, Inc. (Germany), and EUROSETS S.r.l. (Italy).
Request Free Sample Copy (To Understand the Complete Structure of this Report [Summary + TOC])@ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2465
The report is an investigative study that determines market growth and market scope on the basis of market trends, consumer behavior shifts, consumption and production patterns, product portfolio offered by the market, growth rate, drivers and constraints, financial positions, and existing challenges and limitations of the Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) market.
The report discusses in detail the global production capacity, demand and supply ratio, market dynamics, and comprehensive analysis of the competitive landscape. It provides an industry-wide analysis of the market share of each players along with their business portfolio, production and manufacturing capacity, product portfolio, business expansion plans, financial standing, and strategic alliances such as mergers and acquisitions, joint ventures, and collaborations, among others.
Order this Report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-pricing/2465
The regional bifurcation of the market analyzes key market segments such as North America, Latin America, Europe, Asia Pacific, and Middle East Africa. The report discusses in detail the market growth, market size, revenue growth, market share, production and consumption, demand and supply, current and emerging trends, and technological developments in each region.
The key geographical regions analyzed in the market report are:
- North America (U.S.A., Canada)
- Europe (U.K., Italy, Germany, France, Rest of EU)
- AsiaPacific (India, Japan, China, South Korea, Australia, Rest of APAC)
- Latin America (Chile, Brazil, Argentina, Rest of Latin America)
- Middle East Africa (Saudi Arabia, U.A.E., South Africa, Rest of MEA)
Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation (ECMO) Market Segmentation based on Types:
Type Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
- Venovenous ECMO
- Venoarterial ECMO
- Arteriovenous ECMO
Component Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
- Gas Blender
- Heat Exchanger
- Pressure Monitor
- Bladder Reservoir
- Gas Cylinder
Application Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
- Congenital Diaphragmatic Hernia (CDH)
- Birth Defects of the Heart
- Meconium Aspiration Syndrome (MAS)
- Severe Pneumonia
- Severe Air Leak Problems
- Severe High Blood Pressure in the Arteries of the Lungs (PPHN)
End Use Outlook (Revenue, USD Million; 2020-2028)
Further key findings from the report suggest
- Recently, Terumo and Marker Therapeutics received FDA approval for a blood purification and oxygenation system in the treatment of COVID-19 infection. Terumo’s Spectra Optia apheresis system works with the Marker Therapeutics’ Depuro D2000 adsorption cartridges. It reduces the number of cytokines and other inflammatory blood proteins that control a cell’s immune response then filter the blood and return it to the patient. According to the FDA the proteins that are removed are typically elevated during infections, leading to severe inflammation, rapidly progressive shock, respiratory failure, organ failure and death.
- Various organizations and research institutes are engaged in clinical trials of the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for cardiac and respiratory diseases. For instance, NHS ECMO completed the study of the ECMO service for adults with respiratory failure. Central Hospital, Nancy, France is engaged in studying the efficacy of Venoarterial Extracorporeal Membrane Oxygenation prior the left ventricular assist device implantation
- Favorable reimbursement policy such as, Medicare and Medicaid reimburse the patients going through extracorporeal membrane oxygenation procedure based on its mode of cannulation and medical indication is expected to fuel the market growth of the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market
- Leading players of the market such as Getinge group recently launched its Cardiohelp System and Cardiosave
- Market players are focused in developing the advanced technologies in extracorporeal membrane oxygenation. For instance, MC3 Cardiopulmonary received US FDA approval for its Crescent jugular dual lumen catheter in the US for extracorporeal membrane oxygenation.
- In 2017, CytoSorbents Corporation launched CytoSorb Therapeutic ECMO kit in Austria. The kit combines CytoSorb blood purification cartridge with innovative tubing connector set that provide easy integration in most of the commercial ECMO systems.
- During 2020-2028, extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market is expected to register a CAGR of 4.8% in Asia Pacific; followed by North America and Europe, with 4.6% and 4.1% CAGR, respectively. High prevalence of severe cardiogenic shock and related diseases across the globe is the major factor driving the market during the forecast period across all regions.
- The venoarterial device type of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation segment dominates the field with highest market share in the year 2020. It is estimated to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period to reach USD 156.61 million by 2028
- Based on end use segment, pediatric is expected to account for the CAGR 3.6% of the global extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market, as growing incidences of birth defect and premature birth across the world and raising public awareness about the technologically advanced respiratory support
- Asia Pacific is expected to grow at the highest rate. Developing nations such China, and India are likely to witness high growth due to high prevalence of cardiac and pulmonary diseases, increased healthcare expenditure and growing RD investment
- High cost of the the procedure and lack of skilled personnel are the key factors likely to hamper growth of the extracorporeal membrane oxygenation market
Request a customization on the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2465
Thank you for reading our report. For further inquiry or query about customization, kindly get in touch with us to know more. Our team will clear your doubts and ensure the report is customized to meet your requirements.
Explore More Industry Research by Reports and Data:
Spinal Muscular Atrophy Market @ https://www.biospace.com/article/spinal-muscular-atrophy-market-valuation-to-surge-at-healthy-cagr-through-2030/
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries and help client’s make a smarter business decision. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across a multiple industries including Healthcare, Technology, Chemicals, Power and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware about the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise.
Head of Business Development
Reports and Data | Web: www.reportsanddata.com
Direct Line: +1-212-710-1370