According to the current analysis of Reports and Data, the global migraine drugs butalbital market was valued at USD 2,629.7 Million in 2020 and is expected to reach USD 7,813.7 Million by the year 2026, at a CAGR of 13.3%. Migraine treatments are intended to stop the symptoms or for preventing future attacks on the patients. The factors driving the growth of the target market include the increasing awareness about novel drug classes and the rising incidence of migraines problems across the globe. Also, the launch of calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) is expected to drive the growth of this industry. Migraine is defined as a type of intense and recurring headache accompanied by phonophobia, photophobia, and nausea. The condition arises due to genetic origins. However, emotional imbalances such as depression, stress, anxiety, shock, and excitement can trigger migraine attacks.
There have been various types of medication alternatives for preventing and healing migraines but has severe side effects as well, ranging from weight changes, dizziness, nausea and more in an adult with no background of any other medical condition. For women in pregnancy, sumatriptan are the safest option for the treatment and anticonvulsant medicines are contraindicated. However, the approval of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration for the new class of drug specially designed to treat migraine has transformed the market positively. The new FDA approved drugs are Aimovig (Erenumab), Emgality and Ajovy. In September 2020, Eli Lilly and Company received the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) approval for Emgality (galcanezumab-gnlm), a 120 mg injection for the preventive treatment of migraine in adults.
North America dominates the market in terms of geography. Migraine affects around 36 million Americans or approximately 12% of the population of the region, according to the American Migraine Association. The rising vendor focus on emerging markets such as Asia-Pacific, Latin America and Middle East Africa is predicted to fuel the market growth. Asia-Pacific is projected to see major growth in the future due to increased demand for better healthcare services and strengthened healthcare infrastructure.
Get a sample of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/sample-enquiry-form/2515
Some Key Factors Contributing to the Global Pharma Healthcare Market Growth
Unprecedented revenue growth of the global pharma healthcare industry is attributed to factors such as rising prevalence of chronic and acute diseases worldwide, increasing geriatric population, rising awareness of health wellness among consumers, and growing demand for more advanced healthcare services. Increasing demand for advanced drugs and therapeutics, growing availability of next-generation diagnostics and treatment options – especially in developing countries like India and China – rise in RD activities and clinical trials in the pharmaceutical and biotechnology sectors, increasing public and private investments in healthcare research projects, and rising consumer expenditure on healthcare are among the other significant factors contributing to the industry revenue growth.
Further key findings from the report suggest
- The preventive medications segment is expected to grow with a CAGR of 13.1% during the forecast period. Pain-relieving medications remain the chief revenue-generating segment in the global migraine drugs butalbital market.
- New action pathways such as CGRP-based receptor and ligand inhibition, corticotrophin receptor antagonism, and nitrous oxide inhibition are the subject of current research. One of the main advances in the preventive industry is the acceptance of CGRP monoclonal antibodies.
- Amgen and Novartis are the first movers in the market of CGRP with the launch of Aimovig and hence would be in the position of benefit. Also, the favorable reimbursement scenario and an easy-to-use pen-device administration of the medication would be advantageous to the growth of the target product. The therapeutics after its release in July 2020 in Europe and May 2020 in North America received positive responses from both physicians and healthcare providers.
- The launch of Aimovig at a lower than expected price will facilitate patient access and help drive the sales of therapeutics in preventive migraine space, which is expected to be crowded and competitive with CGRP mAbs from Eli Lilly and Alder and Teva Pharma.
- North America remains the key revenue-generating geographical segment in the target market. The geographical segment accounted for USD 496.7 million in 2020. Presence of key market players in the region, favorable reimbursements for migraine medications, rising focus on precision medicine, and rising awareness about different medication for migraine, are among the key factors driving the market growth for migraine drugs butalbital in this region
Top Players in the Global migraine drugs butalbital Market:
Pfizer, GlaxoSmithKline, Allergan, Amgen, Eli Lilly, Teva Pharma, Biohaven Pharma, Abbott Laboratories, Johnson Johnson, and Valeant Pharma, collectively constituting
The coronavirus pandemic has had a drastic impact on the global healthcare industry, with rising cases of COVID-19 worldwide, substantially growing hospital admission and readmission rates, and rising demand for telehealth and telemedicine services for remote patient monitoring. Furthermore, rising focus on development of rapid COVID-19 diagnostics such as the RT-PCR test kits, increased government funding for vaccine development, stringent regulatory norms and protocols for COVID-19 safety, and increasing sales of COVID-19 safety equipment, such as N-95 masks, face shields, PPE kits, and hand sanitizers, have driven the global pharma healthcare industry revenue growth over the recent past.
To know more about the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/report-detail/migraine-drugs-market
migraine drugs butalbital Market Segmentation:
Product Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2018–2028)
- Pain Relieving Medication
- Preventive Medications
Route of Administration Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2018–2028)
- Nasal Sprays
Distribution Channel Outlook (Revenue in Million USD; 2018–2028)
- Hospitals Based Pharmacies
- Retail Pharmacies
- Online Pharmacies
Global migraine drugs butalbital Market Report: Regional Segmentation
- North America
- Rest of Europe
- Asia Pacific
- South Korea
- Rest of APAC
- Latin America
- Rest of LATAM
- Middle East Africa
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Rest of MEA
Request customization of the report @ https://www.reportsanddata.com/request-customization-form/2515
Frequently Asked Questions Answered in the Report:
- What is the estimated revenue growth rate of the global migraine drugs butalbital market over the forecast period?
- What are the major factors driving the global market revenue growth?
- Which are the leading manufacturers and suppliers in the global migraine drugs butalbital market?
- Which regional market is expected to lead in terms of revenue share in the global migraine drugs butalbital market over the forecast years?
- What are the key outcomes of SWOT analysis and Porter’s Five Forces market analysis?
Thank you for reading our report. Please connect with us to know more about the report and its customization feature. Our team will ensure the report is well suited to meet your requirements.
About Reports and Data
Reports and Data is a market research and consulting company that provides syndicated research reports, customized research reports, and consulting services. Our solutions purely focus on your purpose to locate, target, and analyze consumer behavior shifts across demographics, across industries, and help clients to make smarter business decisions. We offer market intelligence studies ensuring relevant and fact-based research across multiple industries, including Healthcare, Touch Points, Chemicals, Products, and Energy. We consistently update our research offerings to ensure our clients are aware of the latest trends existent in the market. Reports and Data has a strong base of experienced analysts from varied areas of expertise. Our industry experience and ability to develop a concrete solution to any research problems provides our clients with the ability to secure an edge over their respective competitors.