How to check the quality of mechanical seals
Consumers will check the quality of the products they buy on the spot. This seemingly simple inspection has great knowledge and determines the life of the product. The inspection of mechanical products needs to be more cautious. If the original inspection method is not appropriate, it will lead to various defects in the product. The following will teach consumers how to check the quality of mechanical seals.
1. Overall inspection of mechanical seal
(1) There are no impurities inside the mechanical seal. Before assembling the mechanical seal, thoroughly clean the moving ring, static ring, shaft sleeve, and other components.
(2) Check whether there are scratches, cracks, and other defects on the surface of the dynamic and static rings. The existence of these defects will cause serious leakage of the mechanical seal. If conditions permit, special tools can be used to check whether the sealing surface is flat. If the sealing surface is not flat, the pressure water will enter the sealing surface of the dynamic and static rings of the mechanical seal after assembly, separate the dynamic and static rings, and the mechanical seal will fail. If necessary, tooling can be made for hydrostatic test before assembly.
(3) Check whether the dynamic and static ring seat has defects that affect the sealing. For example, whether there are defects in the mating surface of the dynamic and static ring seat and the dynamic and static ring sealing ring.
(4) Check whether the mechanical seal compensation spring is damaged and deformed and whether the stubborn coefficient changes.
(5) Check whether there are defects such as burrs and groove marks on the sealing sleeve.
(6) Clean and check whether all sealing rubber rings have defects such as cracks and pores, and measure whether the diameter of the rubber ring is within the tolerance range.
(7) The mechanical seal with the pumping mechanism should also check whether the helix of the screw pump has defects such as cracks and broken wires.
(8) Check the clearance between the dynamic and static rings and the shaft or the shaft sleeve. The inner diameter of the static ring is generally 1-2 mm larger than the shaft diameter. For the dynamic ring, in order to ensure floating, the inner diameter is 0.5-1 mm larger than the shaft diameter to compensate for the shaft diameter. Vibration and deflection, but the gap should not be too large, otherwise, the moving ring seal will be stuck and the mechanical seal function will be damaged.
2. Sleeve inspection
After overhauling and dismantling the shaft sleeve, check the rust and wear. If the rust or wear is relatively slight, it can be polished with fine sandpaper and reused. If the rust or wear is serious, the method of electroplating after processing or a new shaft sleeve can be used.
3. Sealing ring
After a period of use, the sealing ring loses elasticity or ages in most cases and generally needs to be replaced with a new ring.
(1) If the spring is not seriously corroded and can maintain its original elasticity, it is not necessary to replace it. If the corrosion is severe or the elasticity is greatly reduced, a new spring needs to be replaced.
(2) After the mechanical seal is repaired, reassemble it. After assembly, the pressure test is also carried out, and then it is put into normal operation.
(3) For mechanical seals with assembled boxes, clean the boxes and check whether the grooves are worn or deformed, so as to be corrected, repaired, re-grooved, or replaced.
The above is how to check the quality of mechanical seals, I hope to help everyone. Akman Seals is a supplier of mechanical seals that sells products with guaranteed quality and reasonable price, which are worth choosing. If you are interested in mechanical seals, you can pay attention to our website.